[NHCOLL-L:1345] Re: Irradiation question re. UPS

Roberta Faul-Zeitler faulzeitler at nscalliance.org
Thu Nov 29 11:06:51 EST 2001

Nov. 29, 2001

Dear NHCOLL readers:

The Natural Science Collections Alliance is interested in posting on our web
site the information on the irradiation issue  - the notes from Dave Von
Endt, the policy notes that Sally Shelton has shared with us in SI's
shipping policies, and the recent posting by James Dean on the policies of
UPS and FedEx regarding irradiating shipments.

Additionally, we would like to know whether other institutions are changing
their shipping policie or procedures, having problems shipping or receiving
specimens or biological materials, or are otherwise being impeded or
affected by increased homeland security, customs, the postal service and
shippers.

I know that SPNHC President Sue McLaren and NSC President Meredith Lane are
speaking about how our two organizations should proceed with the USPS and
addressing this issue.

Please keep us posted and feel free to contact our Andrea Schmidt, our
communications manager, if you would like to share news, post material to
our web site, etc. She can be reached at:
communications at nscalliance.org.

Thanks for keeping us alert to how you are being affected ! Bobbie

Roberta Faul-Zeitler
Executive Director
Natural Science Collections Alliance
1725 K Street NW, Suite 601
Washington DC 20006
Tel. (202) 835-9050
FAX (202) 835-7334
Email: faulzeitler at nscalliance.org
Formerly the Association of Systematics Collections