[NHCOLL-L:1189] Re: Smithsonian evacuated?

Emily Kaplan kaplane at nmaicrc.si.edu
Wed Sep 12 08:34:09 EDT 2001

All,
You probably know this already, but yes, all the Smithsonian museums were closed yesterday, and all Federal employees sent home. We are back to work today. It seems that only the Pentagon was hurt. People are upset but holding together.

Emily Kaplan
Smithsonian/National Museum of the American Indian

Emily Kaplan
Assistant Move Coordinator for Conservation
National Museum of the American Indian/Smithsonian Institution
Cultural Resources Center
4220 Silver Hill Road
Suitland, MD 20746
tel (301) 238-6624 x 6316
fax (301) 238-3201
e-mail kaplane at nmaicrc.si.edu

>>> "Holly I. McEntee" <hmcentee at facstaff.wisc.edu> 09/11/01 11:24AM >>>
Hi all.  In response to all the chaos this morning, I'm curious to know if
the National Museums on the Mall (Washington DC) have been evacuated.  Does
anyone know?

My parents live in the Metro area; I'm worried about all of you out there.

Sincerely,
Holly

Holly McEntee, Registrar and Permits Coordinator
University of Wisconsin Zoological Museum
Lowell E. Noland Zoology Building
250 N. Mills Street
Madison, WI  53706-1794

Phone/Fax:  608-262-3766/5395