[NHCOLL-L:1197] AAM Establishes Web site to assist in relief for NYC Museums

Beth Merritt bmerritt at aam-us.org
Thu Sep 13 10:09:00 EDT 2001

Dear Colleagues,

In support of our friends and colleagues in New York City, the American
Association of Museums is establishing a section of our Web site to assist
with distribution of information and resources. We will post information on:

*	the status of museums in the affected area,
*	information on disaster recovery
*	offers of resources and assistance (space, staff, expertise, etc.)
from colleagues in the museum community
*	contact information for staff in the affected area who provide us
with alternate phone numbers/fax numbers/email addresses for people trying
to reach them
Please submit any information you have regarding status of museums in the
affected areas, or offers of assistance, to helpnyc at aam-us.org
<mailto:helpnyc at aam-us.org> . The Web site will be operational within 24
hours, and will be linked to the AAM main Web page at www.aam-us.org
<http://www.aam-us.org> .

All our love and support goes out to the people of New York. Thank you for
helping us to provide what assistance we can.

Yours sincerely,

Beth Merritt
Director
Museum Advancement & Excellence