[NHCOLL-L:1219] Re: Collections Software

Vr. Richard Bejsak-Colloredo-Mansfeld ricardo at ans.com.au
Mon Sep 24 21:14:09 EDT 2001

I will be please to help you with an independent review

>From my point of view I am still using dbase IV as a database for insect
collection because with command as "carry on" and "insert"do not save only
the typing but also reduced misspelling by mistyping. What is advantage in
the same time I can add needed specimens "desiderata" - or even the database
of the collection could be organised even as the check-list of the group.

The database IV has big advantage that could be imported into any today's
software. Only I do not know where to buy the DBase IV or even if is so old
that can be free....

Vratislav