[NHCOLL-L:1580] RE: Specimen labels in ethanol

Carl W. Dick cdick at TTU.EDU
Wed Apr 24 09:12:24 EDT 2002

Dear Simon:

I was interested in this topic some time ago, and received responses to a
post on the Acarology list.  I am thankful to all who replied to my original
message regarding printers and alcohol-proof labels.  I've collated the

Upon certain recommendations, I purchased a Lexmark Z53 printer and print
the labels on Byron Weston Linen Record Paper 1979.  To be safe, I write the
specimen or catalog number on the back of the label with a Micron Pigma pen.

Best regards,
Carl

Carl W. Dick
Systematics and Evolution Program