[NHCOLL-L:1422] Re: Gelatin Capsules

John Maunder jem at thezone.net
Fri Jan 4 19:07:04 EST 2002

Any pharmaceutical wholesaler should have some.

However, be prepared to prove that you are an institution of some kind. In
Canada, at least, there seems to be a fear that the capsules will be used to
parcel out illegal drugs [kinda makes sense when you think about it!]

Also, make sure that you can keep the capsules reasonably DRY! When they get
overly damp, they get soft and start to dissolve, and the two halves tend to
stick together [they are, of course, DESIGNED to dissolve].

John
--
John E. Maunder, Curator of Natural History, Newfoundland Museum
Department of Tourism, Culture and Recreation
E-MAIL: mailto:jem at thezone.net
PERSONAL NATURAL SCIENCES WEBSITE: http://home.thezone.net/~jmaunder/
NEWFOUNDLAND MUSEUM WEBSITE: http://www.nfmuseum.com/