[NHCOLL-L:1622] Fw: curatorial position

Bernhard Ruthensteiner BRuthensteiner at zsm.mwn.de
Fri Jun 14 06:55:49 EDT 2002

On behalf of Prof. Haszprunar.

Dear colleagues,

find below the call for a curator position (Entomology: Hymenopterology) at
the Zoologische Staatssammlung Muenchen (www.zsm.mwn.de). Please spread this
information to all potentially interested scientists and institutions.

With kind regards

Gerhard Haszprunar

P.S. Please note my new e-mail address !

Prof. Dr. Gerhard Haszprunar
Direktor, Zoologische Staatssammlung München
Münchhausenstrasse 21
D-81247 München, Germany
Tel.: (089) 8107-104, Fax: (089) 8107-300
e-mail: haszi at zsm.mwn.de
http://www.zsm.mwn.de/Direktor

NEW JOURNAL IN SYSTEMATICS:
Organisms, Diversity and Evolution
http://www.urbanfischer.de/journals/ode

###
!!   P O S I T I O N  (CURATOR): E n t o m o l o g y - H y m e n o p t e r a
!!

At the "Zoologische Staatssammlung Muenchen" (ZSM) - a research institute in
Zoological Systematics (see <http://www.zsm.mwn.de>) - a free position
(direct for three years, option for permanent position) for a
zoologist/entomologist with special reference to Hymenoptera is offered
starting with 15 th December 2002.

Functions: Head of the section "Hymenoptera". Scientific research in
systematic hymenopterology including phylogeny, taxonomy, faunistics, or
biogeography based on grant money. Increase, documentation and curation of
the collection of about 4 million specimens and of worldwide importance. We
expect information and reference for guests and corresponding asks, also
assistance in administration and public relations of the ZSM.

Requirements: PhD-degree or equivalent in Zoology and detailed knowledge in
systematic entomology, particularly Hymenoptera, are required. Expert
knowledge and experience in curatorship of scientific collections is
welcome. Applicants with personal experience in modern systematic
methodologies (e.g., SEM/TEM, morphometry, molecular methods, data-bases)
will be preferred. We also expect activities concerning public relations of
the museum and with respect to associated societies.

According to personal conditions and juristic requirements the contract will
be for three years as "Verguetungsgruppe IIa BAT" with an option for a
permanent position as "Besoldungsgruppe A13", if overall performance is
adequate and juristic requirements are fulfilled. Handicaped applicants will
be preferred in cases of equal qualification. We want to increase the
percentage of women in science at the ZSM.

Send your application with curriculum, list of publications and reprints
(copies) of the five most important publications to:

The Director,
Zoologische Staatssammlung Muenchen,
Muenchhausenstrasse 21,
D-81247 Muenchen, Germany