[NHCOLL-L:1706] Re: tick rehydration

colin favret c-favret at life.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 18 11:13:03 EDT 2002

I put alcoholic insect specimens in a relaxing jar for a week or so
and then pop them back into alcohol. If you don't know, a relaxing
jar is a jar with wet sand (or standing water) at the bottom, and
some kind of structure, a grill, for example, to keep the specimens
out of direct contact with the moisture. The humidity in the jar
relaxes and rehydrates the specimen. I mix a little phenol into the
water to prevent mold growth. Good luck, colin

--
Colin Favret, Insect Collection Manager

Phone: (217) 244-2149
Fax: (217) 333-4949