[NHCOLL-L:2049] RE: Moving Collections

Rich Rabeler rabeler at umich.edu
Wed Aug 20 09:28:33 EDT 2003

I supervised the move of the University of Michigan Herbarium last year.  While Paul has covered many points in his earlier post, one "cost" that we found kept increasing during the preparations was packing supplies.  While you can estimate the supplies needed for packing the collection, I would try to add at least a 10-15% contingency to your supplies estimates to account for probably needing more than you originally thought.

Rich Rabeler
University of Michigan Herbarium