[NHCOLL-L:1969] Re: Fwd: Re: Ironic Quotes from Bioscience

carabid at mpm.edu carabid at mpm.edu
Tue Jun 24 18:05:37 EDT 2003

The Natural Science Collections Alliance as I understand it was under its
former name started by museum directors and reflects their concerns. I do
not think it is the type of Society that scientists could go to and present
papers about their research. It seems to be primarily a lobby organization
and is controlled by museum directors or CEO-- no reason why they should not
have such a society. We need something to represent the discipline of
systematics per se, not just natural science collections.

Gerald R. Noonan Ph.D.
Curator of Coleoptera
Milwaukee Public Museum
800 West Wells Street