[NHCOLL-L:1844] 24-Drawer Cal Academy cabinets available from UCR

Doug Yanega dyanega at pop.ucr.edu
Wed Mar 5 22:04:44 EST 2003

Hi, all. As some of you may know, the UC Riverside Entomology
Research Museum recently renovated (thanks to NSF) and installed a
compactor system. This generated a surplus of insect cabinets (all
24-Drawer, Cal Academy style). We've now pretty much exhausted the
first tier of contacts, and still have about 150 cabinets left, so it
looks like a more general announcement might help move a few more.
The main problem for potential buyers is, obviously, that they have
to come to UCR to pick up the cabinets (I suspect shipping would cost
more than the sale price of the cabinets). They vary in construction
and condition, and vary in price from $20 to $120 - compared to about
$500 or more for new cabinets of similar nature. We'd naturally offer
discounts to anyone actually capable of hauling away large numbers of
them. Those we don't sell will be demolished, most likely this summer
when the building they're in gets leveled.

Interested parties should contact me directly.

Peace,

            http://entmuseum9.ucr.edu/staff/yanega.html