[NHCOLL-L:1853] RE: Loan Recall / Museum Closure

Raney Morrison raneym at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 10:42:13 EST 2003

Hello,I am an alumni of the Museum Studies Program at the University of Nebraska.  I'm sure many of you are aware that the research collections, University Museum (Morill Hall), and the Museum Studies Program, have all been cut due to financial issues faced by UNL.  The collections, museum staff, and students are at great risk right now, but the final decision has not been made to cut these programs.  Please show your support for the museum, research collections, staff, and students by writing to the following e-mail addresses, or calling:    Harvey Perlman (hperlman1 at unl.edu or 402-472-2116), Governor Mike Johanns (http://gov.nol.org/Johanns/mail/govmail.htm or 402-472-2244), also get the word out to others, especially in the museum filed. Thank you for your help and support.  Raney BenchCollections ManagerFairbanks Museum and PlanetariumSt. Johnsbury, VT 05819rbench at fairbanksmuseum.org(802) 748-2372St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
 Roberta Faul-Zeitler <faulzeitler at nscalliance.org> wrote:
March 12, 2003

To our friends and colleagues at University of Nebraska State Museum:

We will not let you go under! I have forwarded your notice to the board of
the Natural Science Collections Alliance to contact the University
Administration immediately. We will also ask our member institutions, as
well as the 25 societies that are our affiliate members, to do the same.

I would appreciate hearing by email from any societies and organizations
that want to work together on a strategy so we are on "the same page."

Bobbie

Roberta Faul-Zeitler
Executive Director
Natural Science Collections Alliance
1725 K Street NW, Suite 601
Washington DC 20006
Tel. (202) 835-9050
FAX (202) 835-7334
Email: faulzeitler at nscalliance.org
Formerly the Association of Systematics Collections