[NHCOLL-L:1859] RE: screening out pests

Simmons, John E jsimmons at ku.edu
Fri Mar 14 14:08:01 EST 2003

Dermestids can be as small as 2 mm.  Use a very fine mesh window screen.

Any possibility that you can drop the light fixtures below ceiling level so
that the heat is not an issue?  Then you could seal off the hole where the
wiring comes through.

--John

John E. Simmons
Collection Manager, Natural History Museum
and
Coordinator, Museum Studies Program
University of Kansas
Dyche Hall