[NHCOLL-L:2144] Destructive sampling protocols

mzfashm2 at mail1.mcc.ac.uk mzfashm2 at mail1.mcc.ac.uk
Mon Nov 24 10:07:00 EST 2003

Dear colleagues,
I am writing a piece on issues concerning destructive sampling of
historic specimens (viz. in the molecular age), particularly in
relation to bird collections. If your institution has produced any
policies or guidelines, I should be very interested to hear of them; I
should also be very interested to hear any personal views (these
would remain anonymous if specified). I know that the
Smithsonian's policy is already published on the internet.

I hope that this does not pose too great an inconvenience: bin it if it
does!

Yours,
Henry