[NHCOLL-L:2101] Information on permanent ink for printer ribbons

Alexandra M. Snyder amsnyder at unm.edu
Mon Oct 6 13:15:53 EDT 2003

It appears that Access Computer Printer Products, the vendor in Maryland
that sells nonbleed, ethanol resistant ink for impact printer ribbons, has
"disappeared."  Formerly associated with Automated Office Products, the
developer left that business in 2001 to sell his product through Access
Computer Printer Products.  Many museums using impact printers to produce
labels for jars of fishes or herps have used this ink.   The telephone
number is out of service and I have sent a message to the email address,
but have not heard back.  I called Automated Office Products to see if they
knew what happened to Access and Kathy (who is an old employee of
Automated) told me she did not know what happened, that she has not heard
of anything.  Apparently, she has received phone calls from other museum
workers.  And, no, Automated will not be carrying the product again.

Does anyone on the list know anything more?

Alexandra M. Snyder, Collection Manager
Division of Fishes   MSC03 2020
Museum of Southwestern Biology
University of New Mexico