[NHCOLL-L:2260] FW: Federal Competition for NSF Grants

Elaine Hoagland elaine at cur.org
Thu Apr 22 15:17:08 EDT 2004

Museum scientists may wish to contact the Director of the National Science
Foundation to support the Smithsonian.  See below.  The message from Tom
Jones was distributed to all the members of the Committee for National
Science Funding, a Washington, DC umbrella group of scientific societies and
other organizations who lobby on behalf of funding for NSF.  I replied to
the list to show that the Smithsonian is not a national lab and would not
set a precedent to fund all federal scientists from NSF funds.

Elaine