[NHCOLL-L:2288] Re: Appropriate Crack filler

Tony Irwin tony.irwin at btinternet.com
Thu May 13 17:54:40 EDT 2004

One reversible filler that might be used is a paste of glass microbeads in
25% acrylic resin (e.g. Paraloid) in acetone. A colleague of mine has used
this successfully on large vertebrate fossils. If anyone is interested, I
can let them have a reference to the technique (or even send them a copy of
the paper).
Tony Irwin
Natural History Department, Castle Museum Study Centre,
Shirehall, Market Avenue, Norwich NR1 3JQ, England.
Tel:+44 1603 493642. E-mail: tony.irwin at btinternet.com