[NHCOLL-L:2430] Brooklyn Institute Contact Information

Jane O'Donnell bioadm4 at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Mon Sep 27 11:40:56 EDT 2004

This is forwarded on behalf of Carl Cook, in the hope that someone can help
him track down the scientific collections that were once (or are still)
held by the Brooklyn Institute. Please respond directly to him at:
bugman at scrtc.com

I (Carl Cook) am revising the genus Neurocordulia (Odonata: Corduliidae)
and need to account for a species name erected by Richard Muttkowski nearly
a century ago, and which is now almost universally regarded as a synonym-
Neurocordulia clara 1910. In his description Muttkowski states the type was
deposited at the Brooklyn Institute, but on a number of different attempts
by phone and e-mail I have been completely unable to reach anyone of
authority there who can give me any information about the type, if it is
still there, positively known to be lost, or on loan to someone. Have you
any idea who is the person in charge of the collection there?

Jane O'Donnell, Ph.D.
Manager of Scientific Collections
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Unit-3043
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269-3043
Phone: (860)486-4451
Fax: (860)486-6364