[NHCOLL-L:2784] Request for help identifying rabbit fur

Will Scott william_scott at fitnyc.edu
Tue Aug 2 14:03:52 EDT 2005

Greetings! A colleague recommended I post here in search of assistance
identifying a rabbit fur that is part of an outfit that The Museum at
FIT is borrowing from a museum in Amsterdam. The museum does not know
the species of fur (and does not have experts on staff who could
identify it), but we will need the genus and species for a Fish and
Wildlife declaration at Customs. Without it we are going to have to
cancel the loan. I have a photo of the fur, partially occluded, that I
could e-mail. If someone can offer to attempt to identify this piece
from the photo I would very much appreciate it. Please contact directly
at  <mailto:william_scott at fitnyc.edu> william_scott at fitnyc.edu.

Best regards,

Will

Will Scott
Assistant Museum Registrar
The Museum at The Fashion Institute of Technology
(212) 217-5779
(212) 217-5979, fax