[NHCOLL-L:2537] RE: Pigment-based ink for ink jet printer

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Fri Jan 28 16:19:56 EST 2005

Rob

These inks are getting harder and harder to find as ink jet printers fall out of favour.  If I were you I would invest a little money and move over to thermal transfer printing.  We use one here for our ichthy and herp labels and they are wonderful.  The 300dpi printer will print down to 4 point font without a problem.  I have attached a copy of my SPNHC newsletter article that explains all about it.  I would be happy to send you samples of the media and labels if you like.

All the best

Andy

   A  :             A  :             A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
   V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
USA