[NHCOLL-L:2769] FW: call for SPNHC nominations - 2006

Rich Rabeler rabeler at umich.edu
Wed Jul 13 15:25:59 EDT 2005

Call for Nominations - SPNHC

The Elections Committee of the Society for the Preservation of Natural
History Collections announces that nominations for the 2006 election will be
received by the Committee Chair from now until 31 October 2005.

Members participating in this election will be selecting a President-Elect, Secretary, and two Members-at-Large to take office in May 2006.  The office of President is intended as a six-year leadership commitment - two as President-Elect, two as President, and two as Past-President; the By-laws of the Society include procedures if circumstances arise that prevent serving through the three offices.  The Secretary is elected to a two-year term and can be nominated for re-election.  The Members-at-Large serve three-year terms and serve to bring the voice of the membership to Council and support Committee functions and leadership as required by current needs.  The two Members-at-Large whose terms expire this year can also be nominated to serve for another term.

I encourage all Active and Honorary members to think about their colleagues
who are active in SPNHC and propose them for nomination.   Our society
depends on both the dedication of our Council members and the involvement of
our membership in choosing people who will serve the Society.

To submit a nomination or for more information on the election process
please contact the committee chair, Richard K. Rabeler, via:

email:  rabeler at umich.edu
Telephone:    (734) 615-6200
Facsimile:    (734) 647-5719
Mailing address: