[NHCOLL-L:2721] Re: Collections managers question

Gregory Watkins-Colwell gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu
Wed Jun 22 07:58:35 EDT 2005

Eric,

I'm not sure I coulda said it better myself!!

thanks!
greg
C&T
Yale Peabody Museum

At 05:46 PM 6/21/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Of course, I have noted with envy that the C and T's, by virtue of a
>union, do get much better raises than us, but still, most C and T's I know
>are frankly, a little insulted by that categorization, since many of them
>are published scientists or legitimate experts in their respective field,
>with their own  reputation.  How many admin assistants, lab techs, etc.
>can walk into a museum in Europe or Australia and have name recognition,
>such as the case with many of our museum assistants?  I think that is the
>sort of thing you need to stress that the HR types may understand.  How
>would HR types could be recognized outside the university, such as you
>would probably be the world over (certainly based on your extensive
>publication list)?

*       Gregory J. Watkins-Colwell                      *
*       Herpetology and Ichthyology                     *
*       Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History  *
*       170 Whitney Avenue, P. O. Box 208118            *
*       New Haven, CT  06520-8118                       *
*       Phone: 203/432-3791                     *
*       FAX: 203/432-2874                               *
*       http://www.peabody.yale.edu                     *