[NHCOLL-L:2736] Re: Fwd: Fwd: Re: FW: Registrar vs. Collections Manager vs.Curator of Collections

Stuart Fullerton stuartf at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Fri Jun 24 07:20:29 EDT 2005

ah yes - titles

some years ago when i started this collection  i was given the title of
curator. but one of our faculty  (a cornell graduate) now retired,  was
in a twit cause i did not have a ph of d.   so the dean of the college
of a and s decided that i could be a Research Associate In Charge of
Arthropod collections.   so as a full time volunteer i have been "one of
those" for the last 10 years.  this includes developing the: on line
available,  individual specimen,  data base.    which is truly a "work
in progress"

but the pay is grand.  i started at  0   per hour.    last year i got a
raise to  3x 0.  and i do not have to put up with faculty/staff
meetings or any the rest of the equine faeces.    life is grand.

cheers!  rof

--

Stuart M Fullerton ROF, Research Associate in charge of Arthropod

Collections (UCFC), Dept. of Biology, University of Central Florida, PO

Box 162368, Orlando, Florida, 32816-2368, USA. stuartf at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu <mailto:stuartf at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>

(407) 823-6540 (no voice mail) <http://www.cas.ucf.edu/biology/bugs/>