[NHCOLL-L:2582] Dermestid Infestation

Tim Gamble croixian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:00:04 EST 2005

I am posting this for a friend.  Please reply on-list for everyone's
benefit and I will forward the replies to Carrie.  Thanks!  ----Tim
Gamble

Hi everyone. I'm the Collections Manager for The Schiele Museum in
Gastonia, NC. We are facing a possible active dermestid infestation
in several of our permanent exhibits. We have an IPM program but
there was no one in Collections to implement it. The infested areas
contain intricate exhibit components as well as large mounts which
keep us from freezing the specimens. The decision has been made to
close off the affected areas and fumigate with a pyrethrin. Has
anyone had any experience with this botanical pesticide? Has anyone
faced a similar situation and if so, what did you do? Thanks for any
help y'all can give me.

Carrie

--
Tim Gamble

Charlotte, NC

Owner/Moderator of the Yahoo group Natural History at