[NHCOLL-L:2602] Job opportunity - Palaeontology Collections Leader, NHM London

Giles Miller g.miller at nhm.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 03:16:04 EST 2005

Palaeontology Collections Leader
Natural History Museum. London
£41,594 - £50,518 per annum

Bringing the past vividly to life, the Natural History Museum, London not
only a great place to visit, we¹re also a unique place to work. At this time
we¹re seeking an experienced Palaeontology Collections Leader. Based in the
Palaeontology Department, you¹ll be part of the senior department
administration, representing the department in cross-museum committees and
leading one of its five Collections Management teams. You¹ll also oversee
development of cross-divisional collections policy and work to improve
collections practice.

Dynamic and self-motivated, you¹ll need to hold a postgraduate degree in an
Earth Science related subject or Museum Studies. It¹s essential you can
demonstrate a management-level knowledge of curation procedures, standards,
and collections databases, along with having spent at least two years¹
working professionally with palaeontological collections in a museum
environment.

As an active member of relevant professional organisations, you¹ll also need
first-rate presentation/teaching skills and experience negotiating/managing
commercial loans.

In return, we offer great benefits including Civil Service Pension Scheme,
27.5 days¹ holiday and interest-free season ticket loan.

For further information and details of how to apply, please send an A5
self-addressed envelope (1st class) to The Natural History Museum c/o Tribal
Resourcing, The Atrium, Wollaton Street, Nottingham NG1 5FW or email:
NHM at tribalresourcing.com

Please quote reference: NHM/CL.

Closing date: 19th April 2005.

To confirm receipt of your application call the Museum response line on 0870
241 9031 between 11am to 2pm Monday to Friday only. No telephone requests
for details will be accepted.

At the Natural History Museum we value the diversity of our employees
and the unique perspectives they bring to our business.

Dr. Norman MacLeod
Keeper of Palaeontology
The Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD

(0)207 942-5204 (Office)
(0)207 942-5546 (Fax)
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/palaeontology/a&ss/nm/nm.html (Web Page)

Dr  C. Giles Miller             Tel:  +44 (0)207 942 5415
Department of Palaeontology     Fax: +44 (0)207 942 5546
The Natural History Museum      internet: G.Miller at nhm.ac.uk
Cromwell Road
LONDON SW7 5BD
Home Page: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/palaeontology/micro/gm/gm.html