[NHCOLL-L:2640] RE: plastic and thymol

Schneider, Gregory ges at umich.edu
Mon May 9 10:59:30 EDT 2005

About seven years ago I had some questions about plastics and
performance (regarding HDPE open head drums for storage of ethanol).  I
was able to get some very helpful information from the American Society
of Testing and Materials; specifically, the people with the ASTM
Committee D20 on Plastics.

Greg Dohrer, Chairman of Section D20.12.01 on Polyethylene:

Texas Eastman

Building 30-9

Post Office Box 7444

Longview, TX  75607     Phone/Fax  903-237-6830/6847

or

Chairman of Subcommittee D20.12 on Olefin Plastics

Debra Wilson

Union Carbide

Westhollow Research Center

Post Office Box 4685

Houston, TX 77210

Phone/Fax - 281-560-1644/1670

and

Pat Brennan, Chairman of ASTM subcommittee D20.50 on permanence
properties Q Panel Co.

26200 First Street

Westlake, Ohio 44145

phone 216 835 8700

fax 216 835 8738

Perhaps they can help you or refer you to someone who can.  I would be
interested to hear.

Greg Schneider
Division of Reptiles and Amphibians
Museum of Zoology