[NHCOLL-L:2861] Museum Financial Information

Beth Merritt bmerritt at aam-us.org
Thu Oct 6 14:47:07 EDT 2005

Dear Colleague,

In early September AAM mailed the 2005 Museum Financial Information
Survey to 7,000 museums. We want the survey results to be truly
representative of all types and sizes in the United States, because it
will be used by museums, funders, government agencies, policy makers,
and associations to make important decisions that affect museums.
However, we are concerned that natural history museums were
under-represented in the last survey-with 34 responding.

Help strengthen our ability to advocate for natural history museums! A
list of museums to which the survey was sent is posted on the AAM web
site. If your museum did not receive a survey and you want to
participate, download the survey in PDF format from the AAM Web site at
www.aam-us.org or email research at aam-us.org.  If your museum did receive
a survey, please complete and return it. The deadline for survey

The survey is only 6 pages long, includes a helpful glossary of
financial terms, and consists of yes/no and fill-in-the-blank questions.
As an incentive and thank-you to those completing the survey, all
respondents receive a $20 AAM Bookstore coupon, and have the chance to
win $500 in "AAM Bucks" good for AAM products and services,
registrations to the 2006 annual meeting, or an individual membership.

Thank you very much for helping us serve the American museum community.

Beth Merritt

Elizabeth Merritt
Director, Museum Advancement & Excellence
SPNHC Liaision to the Registrars Committee of the AAM
American Association of Museums
1575 Eye Street N.W., Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005
(202)218-7661