[NHCOLL-L:2822] Re: shipping to China

James B. Ladonski jladonski at fieldmuseum.org
Mon Sep 19 10:35:03 EDT 2005

Hi Greg,

DHL *should* take it (I don't recall that we have tried it).  We have a
copy of the list of countries accepting excepted quantities of dangerous
goods (via DHL).  It is basically just SE Asia and Europe, but China is on
the list.  If you have a DHL rep, he/she should be able to get a copy to
you.  I don't believe it is available on their web site.

I know UPS won't deliver dangerous goods to China
(http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/idg/information/country.html),
but I don't know about FedEx.  I have heard that it is up to the individual
countries as to whether they will accept these kinds of packages or not,
but obviously some companies are even more restrictive (UPS).

Jamie

At 9/19/2005 09:07 AM, Gregory Watkins-Colwell wrote:
>Has anyone yet tried to ship wet specimens to China with the IATA labels
>and all that?  Does China accept specimens in alcohol or do they refuse
>all hazardous/dangerous goods?  I cannot seem to find master list of who
>accepts this stuff and who does not.
>

>Greg

>         Gregory J. Watkins-Colwell
>         Vertebrate Zoology