[NHCOLL-L:2957] RE: printing labels

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Fri Feb 10 11:43:05 EST 2006

Greg

I use them in tissue tubes all the time both in the field and in our tissue collection.  The material is very inert (shiny polyester surface) and does not leach anything into most solutions I have used.  I use it in the C&S collection all the time, but have never used it in Bouin's solution.  I have some test labels in 100% ethanol, 40% formaldehyde and glycerin sitting on a window ledge in the museum in full sun.  They have been there for about 3 years and I have not noticed any change in the labels or solutions (although this is difficult to tell).  I would be happy to send you some examples that you could drop in Bouin's to see what happens.

Hope that helps

Andy

   A  :             A  :             A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
   V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
USA