[NHCOLL-L:3095] Re: DMSO

Audrey_Barnhart at nps.gov Audrey_Barnhart at nps.gov
Fri Jun 2 17:45:21 EDT 2006

Are these names listed with the BoA?  (that's the Bureau of Acronyms)...

Audrey L. Barnhart
Curator
Fort Union Trading Post NHS
15550 Hwy 1804
Williston, ND  58801
(701)-572-9083

                      Randy Mercurio
                      <mercurio at amnh.org        To:       gregory.watkins-colwell at YALE.EDU, nhcoll-l at lists.yale.edu
                      >                         cc:       (bcc: Audrey Barnhart/FOUS/NPS)
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  [NHCOLL-L:3094] Re: DMSO
                      owner-nhcoll-l at lis
                      ts.yale.edu

                      06/02/2006 04:06
                      PM AST
                      Please respond to
                      mercurio

Hi Greg,
        Apparently DMSO is not regulated by IATA. Interesting!! Check this
site out: http://msds.ehs.cornell.edu/msds/msdsdod/a194/m96878.htm  and do
a search for the following: IATA Proper Shipping Name: NOT REGULATED BY
THIS ...and this will bring you to where it says not a regulated IATA
compound.

Regards,
Randy

At 03:24 PM 6/2/2006, Gregory Watkins-Colwell wrote:
      Has anyone shipped DMSO before?  It is not in the IATA or DOT book,
      but the MSDS for it sounds like it should be.  Am I missing something
      here?

      Greg
      *       Gregory J. Watkins-Colwell
      *       Vertebrate Zoology
      *       Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
      *       170 Whitney Avenue, P. O. Box 208118
      *       New Haven, CT  06520-8118
      *       Phone: 203/432-3791
      *       FAX: 203/432-2874
      *       http://www.peabody.yale.edu