[NHCOLL-L:3116] 95% ethanol drum pumps

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Wed Jun 14 10:08:22 EDT 2006

Hi all

I am wondering if anyone has experience with a 95% ethanol drum pump that actually functions!!!  We have tried numerous iterations from stainless steel to aluminum to plastic and in every case they either seize up due to the alcohol or simply leak so badly that they are unusable.  Has anyone had any experience with a drum pump that works in this application?  We are specifically looking for a hand driven pump that can remain connected to the drum in our alcohol store and that has a fairly high flow rate so that it doesn't take us all day to pump the required amount to fill our temporary storage vats.

Thanks

Andy

   A  :             A  :             A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
   V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
USA