[NHCOLL-L:3127] Fwd: Job Announcement

Tim White tim.white at yale.edu
Thu Jun 29 08:39:17 EDT 2006

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>The Consortium for the Barcode of Life (CBOL) is looking for a
>Project Manager, and I would appreciate your help in circulating the
>attached advertisement  [see below] to potential candidates.  The
>position will be supported under the current two-year Sloan
>Foundation grant to the Smithsonian and will be a temporary Trust
>Fund appointment in the National Museum of Natural History.  The
>one-year term mentioned in the ad will be renewable pending the
>availability of support, with an anticipated total duration of two
>to four years.
>
>Thanks very much for your help in bringing this vacancy to the
>attention of potential candidates.  Please don't hesitate to contact
>me if you have questions about the position.
>
>Best regards,
>
>David
>

>David E. Schindel, Executive Secretary
>
>Consortium for the Barcode of Life
>202/633-0812; fax 202/633-2938; portable 202/557-1149
>Email: <mailto:SchindelD at si.edu>SchindelD at si.edu
>CBOL WEBSITE: <http://www.barcoding.si.edu>http://www.barcoding.si.edu

Project Manager
Consortium for the Barcode of Life
An International Initiative hosted by the
National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution

The Consortium for the Barcode of Life (CBOL) is seeking a Project
Manager to coordinate planning for and implementation of major
projects by (1) working directly with the leaders of CBOL's major
activities (e.g., global campaigns for DNA barcoding of all species
of fish and birds); (2) assisting in the management of specimen and
barcode data in each initiative; (3) organizing workshops and
meetings; (4) facilitating communication among participants; (5)
helping in the production of reports of activities, funding
proposals, and outreach materials; (6) promoting participation in
CBOL's projects; and (7) overseeing interns in the CBOL Secretariat
Office; and other duties necessary for the success of these
activities, as identified by the Executive Secretary and the leaders
of the relevant CBOL activities.  Must have experience in project
management, especially planning and conducting workshops and large
meetings, and/or certification in Project Management.  Undergraduate
degree in biology and experience in biodiversity research, taxonomy
and bioinformatics highly desirable.

One year, full time Trust IS-1001-9; appointment is renewable pending
the availability of funding; includes benefits; U.S. Salary
range:  $44,856 to 58,318 per annum, commensurate with
experience.  Potential applicants should contact Meg Fritzsche at
<mailto:FritzscheM at si.edu>FritzscheM at si.edu , CBOL Administrator, to
obtain the Position Description and application procedures.