[NHCOLL-L:3222] Re: RE: [NHCOLL-L:3219] Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss ® pigment ink

Victoria Book vbook at ou.edu
Mon Oct 23 15:18:23 EDT 2006

I agree with Peter.  The Epson pigment inks are definitely better than
anything else out there.  The UltraChromes are the Cadillacs, in both
quality and cost.  The Epson DuraBrites are also very good--sort of the
Chryslers--very nice,  very good archival properties, less expensive
but not cheap.

Also, print it on the paper Epson recommends.  The inks and papers are
formulated to work together (absorption properties).  You can sometimes
find a different brand paper that works also, but there is no long term
projections or guarantees, and I don't think it is worth the effort for
a penny a page.

Good luck,
Victoria

Victoria Book
Conservator
Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
University of Oklahoma
2401 Chautauqua Avenue
Norman, Oklahoma   73072-7029
phone 405.325.5163