[NHCOLL-L:3375] SPNHC Community Survey

Rabeler, Richard rabeler at umich.edu
Mon Apr 9 13:07:31 EDT 2007

Dear list-serv members,

The Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC)
has designed a survey to gather opinions about SPNHC from our colleagues
who are not SPNHC members.   Please excuse any cross-posting since we
are intentionally circulating this widely.

In 2006, a sessional committee on Long-Range Planning was formed. One of
the committees charges was to develop and conduct a survey of the SPNHC
membership to learn more about its composition and membership perception
of the society.   This survey has been distributed to our membership.
A companion survey was also created to help SPNHC understand how other
members of the collections community perceive SPNHC and the activities
in which we are involved.  The survey is anonymous and consists of 18
questions which should take 5-10 minutes to complete.

Please visit: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=563253506155

...and complete the survey by April 21; we plan to tabulate the results
and report significant findings to the SPNHC membership at the Annual
Meeting in May.

If you work with natural history collections, we would very much
appreciate your time in taking our survey.  The feedback we receive will
help formulate the future directions of the society.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Tim White, President
Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections