[NHCOLL-L:3484] Re: Research collections being used for artistic purposes?

Anita F. Cholewa chole001 at umn.edu
Tue Jul 3 09:03:42 EDT 2007

A couple of years ago, an art exhibition was held here on campus done by
Mark Dion, who used objects from all the various collections on campus
(natural history and others) to create something new.  Materials were
carefully handled and exhibited and came back with no damage whatsoever
and the exhibit drew tons of people.  Best part of the exhibit was
credit given to all the various collections - which definitely drew
attention to them.

Anita
Anita F. Cholewa, Ph.D.
Curator of the Herbarium