[NHCOLL-L:3462] RE: Looking for case studies on curatorial facility/building projects

Jean-Marc Gagnon JMGAGNON at mus-nature.ca
Wed Jun 6 12:41:32 EDT 2007

Dear Frannie,

It is unfortunate that you did not attend the recent SPNHC Annual Meeting in St. Paul, Minnesota. This was the exact topic of the conference and subsequent workshop.

There are a number of institutions that are going through or have gone through the development of a curatorial facility, starting with us at the Canadian Museum of Nature.

I am certain that places like Yale University (The Peabody Natural History Museum), and Oklahoma University (The Sam Noble Oklahoma Natural History Museum, where the next SPNHC conference will take place) can provide you with good information in the context of a university setting. I am sure these and many other will jump in and offer their support.

If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to respond.

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc Gagnon, Ph.D.

Chief Collection Manager                          Gestionnaire en chef

Invertebrate Collections                          Collections des invertébrés

Canadian Museum of Nature                         Musée canadien de la nature

P.O. Box 3443, Station D                          Boîte postale 3443, Succ. D

Ottawa, Ontario                                   Ottawa, Ontario

CANADA   K1P 6P4                                  CANADA   K1P 6P4

Tel.: 613-364-4066

Fax / Télécopieur:  613-364-4027

e-mail / courriel: jmgagnon at mus-nature.ca <mailto:jmgagnon at mus-nature.ca>