[NHCOLL-L:3565] CAS herbarium

Trock, Debra dtrock at calacademy.org
Fri Sep 7 14:38:43 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

We are only 3 months away from the date when we begin moving our collections
to our new building in Golden Gate Park.  We are currently in the process of
bundling everything in preparation for the boxing that will begin on December
3.

We would like to let you know that we will not be processing any loan
requests from now until late March of 2008.  We also ask that if you have any
loans you were planning to return, or exchange you plan to send, that you
please hold on to them until that time as well.  I currently have only two
half-time staff members to help get the collection prepared for the move, and
we are fully engaged in those activities.

We are sorry for the inconveniences that this may cause, but hopefully this
will all go smoothly, and we will be back to our normal operations very soon.
We will be sending you our new contact information as soon as we have it.
Please make plans to visit our new museum and collections facilities.  We
open to the public in the fall of 2008, but the collections will be open for
visitation several months before that.

Best Regards,

Dr. Debra Trock

Senior Collections Manager, Herbarium