[NHCOLL-L:3579] Job Announcement: Collections Technician

Victoria Book vbook at ou.edu
Mon Sep 17 12:43:32 EDT 2007

This is a clarification of a previous job announcement.  For additional
information about the museum and collections, please visit our website.
  http://www.snomnh.ou.edu/

Job title: Collections Technician (Curator/Archivist I)

Institution: Sam  Noble Oklahoma  Museum of Natural History
                                                Norman, OK

Application deadline: Open until filled

Job description/responsibilities:
Provides technical assistance for the Museum's collections by managing
the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program, monitoring Museum
collection environments, and managing the Dermestid Facility for
research-quality skeletal preparation.

  Typical functions include:
  -Operation and maintenance of isolation and treatment facility
  -Operation and management of the Dermestid Facility to produce
research-quality skeletal preparations
  -Monitoring for and identifying pests, posting reports, and
  taking appropriate actions to prevent infestations
  -Inspection of incoming material to prevent pest introduction
(incoming material includes, but is not limited to, field collections,
loans, and general deliveries.)
  -Maintenance of records and appropriate databases for all activities
performed
  -Other related duties as assigned
  -May occasionally require a flexible work schedule.

 Salary: $28,000/yr. Plus Full University Benefits

How to apply: Applicants must apply online at: https://jobs.ou.edu.
Search listings for requisition number 04050

Victoria Book
Conservator
Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
University of Oklahoma
2401 Chautauqua Avenue
Norman, Oklahoma   73072-7029
phone 405.325.5163