[NHCOLL-L:3820] Re: Source for 1 gallon jars with 120mm openings

John E Simmons simmons.johne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 16:39:45 EDT 2008

Tom,
I was told by personnel at Kols Containers that this size jar went out of
production several years ago.  The jars continued to be available for a
while due to backlogs in supplies.

If you really need the 120 mm opening, your best bets are to either switch
to the polycarbonate pails (described in a recent SPNHC Newsletter article)
or try to find a PET gallon jar with a 120 mm opening (I did a bit of
searching but could only find 110 mm openings).  You might also contact
Christine Allen at Gaylor and ask her to try and find the 120 mm opening
gallon jars.  She has assembled by far the most reliable combination of PET
jars and closures that anyone offers.

--John

--
John E. Simmons
Museologica
simmons.johne at gmail.com
303-681-5708
and
Adjunct Curator of Collections
Earth and Mineral Science Museum & Art Gallery
Penn State University
19 Deike Building
University Park, Pennsylvania 16802-2709
jes67 at psu.edu