[NHCOLL-L:3824] RE: meeting of Herbarium Curators and TORCH @ SPNHC

Rabeler, Richard rabeler at umich.edu
Fri Apr 11 00:48:08 EDT 2008

Attention Herbarium Personnel who will be attending the SPNHC/NSCA meeting:

  On behalf of Dr. Wayne Elisens, I would like to announce the TORCH meeting as a joint  "Meeting of Herbarium Curators and the Texas Oklahoma Regional Consortium of Herbaria (TORCH)."

  The meeting will be held from 9:00 am to noon on Saturday 17 May in Cross Hall of the University of Oklahoma campus adjacent to the Robert Bebb Herbarium (OKL).  Transportation will be available (an OU van) to pick up attendees from the host hotel and to return them to the hotel or the airport after lunch.

  Wayne think that money could be collected in the morning and provide box lunches from a local eatery so attendees who would like could have lunch together. Otherwise, folks could return to OKC via the van.  The afternoon is open for herbarium visitation, additional discussions among curators, or visits to the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History.

  While we will not have a formal program, we know of several individuals from SPNHC/NSCA meeting who will be attending and will address the gathering. Otherwise we can provide some talking points to get the meeting rolling.

  Please direct any questions that you have to Dr. Wayne Elisens (elisens at ou.edu).  If you are planning to attend (and we hope you can!), it would be good to drop Wayne a line so he can effectively plan for the event.

Sincerely,

Wayne Elisens - University of Oklahoma
Rich Rabeler - University of Michigan