[NHCOLL-L:3918] Dangerous goods roundtable

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Tue Jul 22 09:56:16 EDT 2008

Hi all

An addendum to my original message on FedEx's newly revised dead animal policy from Vivian Montgomery after some questions arose.

Please be advised, that although we will accept these shipments we do not control the prohibitions of certain countries.

The transport of animal products is highly controlled around the world and FedEx may not be able to accept the article depending upon the origin and the destination.  Once they log-in to Fedex.com; GTM is a good place to start and they may want to utilize the International Resource Center at http://www.fedex.com/us/international/irc/

Then; go to the country profile list and choose a country.  For example the UK is-   http://www.fedex.com/us/international/irc/profiles/irc_uk_profile.html?gtmcc=us The UK commodity information is extensive.

The plot thickens...

Andy

   A  :             A  :             A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>
   V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager/Specify Usability Lead
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
USA