[NHCOLL-L:3804] collex tech job posting

Jackie Hoff jhoff at smm.org
Mon Mar 24 13:43:46 EDT 2008

> Hi all,
> Sorry for the late notice - they posted the job while I was off
> playing in the woods last week. I did extend the deadline by one
> week to April 9th.

Best,

Jackie

Jackie Hoff
Director of Collection Services
Science Museum of Minnesota
120 West Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102
p-651-221-9435
f-651-221-4750
jhoff at smm.org
www.smm.org

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"

#2007-918 COLLECTIONS TECH, Collection Services.  Full-time/Non-Exempt.

EEO 5.  Responsibilities: Work with the Director of Collection
Services, curators and collections services team on movement of
objects, documentation and research projects.  Work with Director of
Collection Services and curators on data management, inventory,
accessioning, numbering, cataloguing, documenting objects and
performing data entry.  Requirements:  BA/BS in Anthropology, Museum
Studies, or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
Minimum of 6 month experience in museum object handling, collections
management or equivalent.  Familiarity with proper procedures for
handling, transporting and storage of museum collections is required.
Good organizational skills and ability to work independently as well
as in a team.  Job requires lifting of 20 lbs daily.  Pay Grade: 5
Application deadline:  April 9, 2008.