[NHCOLL-L:3996] Re: placing a value on a donated specimen

Lloyd, Karen klloyd at twexp.org
Mon Oct 13 11:13:44 EDT 2008

Anita is correct. Museums should not and do not provide a valuation in any circumstances.  That falls to the donor.  You may suggest appraisers, but make sure you give more than one so that the donor can have a choice.

Good Luck, Karen

Karen J. Lloyd
Collections Assistant
The Wildlife Experience
10035 South Peoria St. Parker, CO  80134
720.488.3302
720.488.3393 FAX
klloyd at twexp.org
thewildlifeexperience.org