[NHCOLL-L:3998] Re: placing a value on a donated specimen

Bob Glotzhober bglotzhober at ohiohistory.org
Tue Oct 14 07:00:09 EDT 2008

The Appraisers Association of America appears to be a very nice site for historic objects -- but I did not see any "specialty" listed for appraisers to evaluate natural history objects -- such as exhibit mounts, mounts of extinct birds, fossils, minerals -- which are the types of items I get queries about and also the original question (mounted heath hen)on this listing. Any leads on those types of objects?

Bob Glotzhober

Robert C. Glotzhober             614/ 298-2054
Senior Curator, Natural History         bglotzhober at ohiohistory.org
Ohio Historical Society         Fax: 614/ 297-2546
1982 Velma Avenue
Columbus, Ohio  43211-2497

Visit the website of the Ohio Historical Society at:
  www.ohiohistory.org and check out our online collections catalog.
See or purchase Dragonflies and Damselflies of Ohio or the Cedar Bog Symposium II at OHS's new E-Store:  http://www.ohiohistorystore.com/
Visit the Ohio Odonata website at:  http://www.marietta.edu/~odonata/index.html