[NHCOLL-L:4004] Assessing levels of arsenic (and other pesticides) in natural history specimens

Scott LaGreca SLaGreca at berkshiremuseum.org
Thu Oct 16 11:00:01 EDT 2008

Dear Group,

Regarding the recent thread (copied below) about deaccessioning
specimens that test positive for arsenic:

Can anybody refer  me to a consultancy or company that will perform
assessments of pesticide levels in natural history specimens (arsenic;
napthalene; mercuric chloride). A consultancy in western New England (or
in eastern NY State) would be ideal.

Anyone have any contact information?

I suppose this question's been asked countless times;  tried checking
the archives (http://research.yale.edu/peabody/nhcoll
<http://research.yale.edu/peabody/nhcoll> ), but my computer isn't
opening the zip files located there.

We're currently writing a grant proposal to subsidize pesticide
assessment in my museum--that's why I need this information.

Best wishes,

Scott

Scott LaGreca, PhD
Natural Science Coordinator
Berkshire Museum
39 South Street
Pittsfield, MA  01201  USA
TEL 413-443-7171, ext. 17
FAX 413-443-2135
slagreca at berkshiremuseum.org <mailto:slagreca at berkshiremuseum.org
<blocked::mailto:slagreca at berkshiremuseum.org> >

See the many faces of Look @ Us! Portraits from the Berkshire Museum and
Whitney Museum of American Art, July 1 through October 26. Featuring
over 100 original artworks by Andy Warhol, Chuck Close, Norman Rockwell,
John Singer Sargent, James McNeill Whistler, and more.
www.berkshiremuseum.org <http://www.berkshiremuseum.org/>