[NHCOLL-L:4024] Re: use of carbon disulfide as an insecticide

Harris, Jill (VMNH) Jill.Harris at vmnh.virginia.gov
Thu Oct 23 10:09:00 EDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you all very much for the responses to my post about carbon
disulfide use.  You have helped me very much.

I was not aware of the site sent by Kathryn
http://ppis.ceris.purdue.edu/htbin/ppismenu.com.  I went to it and did a
search as well.  As Kathryn said, Carbon disulfide did not appear.  I
did find two products that contained it but were cancelled in 1985, so
as most everyone mentioned, it seems to no longer be used as a
pesticide.

Hopefully our Anoxic Chamber will be receiving the replacement parts it
needs shortly and we can pick back up using it before our backlog of
specimens to be processed grows unmanageable.

Jill
Jill K. Harris
Museum Registrar
Virginia Museum of Natural History