[NHCOLL-L:4042] Re: Barcodes in natural history collections

Claudia Baider clbaider at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 23:47:24 EDT 2008

Hi all

We had a discussion on the HERBARIA-L sometime back, and it seems that code
39 is the most used.
I would like to ask if anyone knows a barcode tag supplier apart from the
ones listed (Watson and Leigh-Mardon) in the link sent by Kent (FLAS)? The
latter never answered me and Watson shipping cost is astronomic, even
considered the distance (USA-Mauritius). I'm trying to bacode the samples
our herbarium  - some 50,000 samples - and because of this relative small
number I'm looking for a company supplies printed tags tailored for our
needs (meaning with herbarium code and serial number).

Thanks

Claudia
Dr Claudia Baider
Senior Technical Officer i/c