[NHCOLL-L:4054] RE: Fwd: [H&S] Fwd: Safe disposal of picric acid

Moore, Simon simon.moore at hants.gov.uk
Thu Oct 30 13:00:00 EDT 2008

Hi James,

Picric acid was used as a primary fixative for certain tissues but was
normally compounded as Bouin's fixative or Dubosq-Brasil's fixative.
Not normally used on its own due to explosive nature!

With all good wishes,
Simon Moore, MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Senior Conservator of Natural Sciences.
Hampshire County Council