[NHCOLL-L:4058] Re: Archival storage boxes

Kent D. Perkins kperkins at flmnh.ufl.edu
Thu Oct 30 19:28:00 EDT 2008

Susan,
I'm coming from the herbarium collection angle, so I'm not quite sure
what your needs are for osteological specimens.  But, we've had custom
archival trays and boxes manufactured by Duerr Packaging Co. Inc.:
http://www.duerrpack.com/
(724) 947-1234

I believe another vendor for such is Crown Packaging, 17854 Chesterfield
Airport Rd., Chesterfied, MO. (636) 681-9400.

Specs include neutral pH white VAT board (thickness depends on purpose
and size) with neutral pH white/black/tan/grey chrome paper cover.

You mentioned Gaylord, Hollinger and Paige Co.  I wasn't even aware of
the latter two, so that's good to know.  It always pays to shop around
in case there is a special.  We've also purchased various pre-made sizes
of archival boxes from:
Archival Suppliers (University Products) :
http://www.universityproducts.com/
Demco : http://www.demco.com
Brodart :  http://www.brodard.com
and
Vernon: http://www.vernonlibrarysupplies.com

Best wishes,
Kent

Kent D. Perkins <kperkins at flmnh.ufl.edu>, Manager of the Collection
University of Florida Herbarium (FLAS), Fla. Museum of Nat. History
379 Dickinson Hall, PO Box 110575, Gainesville, FL  32611-0575
* New Phone # 352-273-1984  * WWW: http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/herbarium/