[NHCOLL-L:4061] RE: Fwd: [H&S] Fwd: use of picric acid.2

Moore, Simon simon.moore at hants.gov.uk
Fri Oct 31 06:01:33 EDT 2008

Just a quick question as a 'rider' to this discussion; many have
mentioned Bouin's fluid which was a standard fixative when I did
histology and micro-anatomy but has anyone used/heard of Dubosq-Brasil's
fixative which is an alcoholic version of Bouin (and slightly safer to
use) and which was used primarily for arthropod fixation?

With all good wishes,
Simon Moore, MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Senior Conservator of Natural Sciences.
Hampshire County Council